As summers are on their way and you must be looking for the best air conditioner for home. But if you are confused about your choice between split AC and window AC then this article is definitely for you.
Climate is changing drastically and summers are getting hotter year on year. So it’s very hard to survive without an air conditioner in peak summer season.
An air conditioner is an expensive unit and no one wants to spend their money on the wrong choice. So choosing one of the best air conditioner as per your requirement may be a little tricky but not a big deal at all.
Choosing an AC between split AC and window AC depends on your needs and requirements like, how many members you have in your family, the size of your room, features you wish to have in your AC, etc.
Without any delay let’s discuss the difference between split AC and window AC to make an ideal choice for you.
Difference between Split AC and Window AC
Split AC comes with two units’ indoor unit and outdoor unit. It is mounted on the indoor wall whereas the outer part on an exterior wall or on the terrace.
These air conditioners typically for a larger room and deliver a cooling capacity higher than window AC. Apart from that split ACs are a more expensive appliances compared with window air conditioners.
Window AC is typically for small size rooms and installed in the windows of your room. They are quite pocket friendly as it comes only with one unit.
The installing of a window air conditioner is quite easy and less expensive as compared with split AC. But it requires less maintenance as split AC needs on regular basis.
Window AC: It comes in very compact in size with only one unit where you will get a compressor, cooling coil, condenser, evaporator, fan, etc. inside of that one piece.
Split AC: Split air conditioner comes in two units. It is more bulky and large in size as compared with window AC. Within those units, you get a compressor, expansion valve, a condenser in the outdoor unit whereas in an indoor unit you get an evaporator, cooling fan, etc.
Window AC: As window air conditioner comes only with one unit and it is installed in the window. So it covers almost the large size of your window space.
Split AC: A split air conditioner only uses a small part of your room’s wall as it is mountable. The other unit of split AC can be mounted outside the room at a suitable place.
Window AC: The cooling capacity of a window Ac depends on the size of your room. For example, if your room size is small you need less capacity window AC and vice versa. Window air conditioners come in various capacities like 0.75 ton, 1 ton, 1.5 ton, 2 ton, etc.
Split AC: Just like window AC it depends on the size of your room and it also comes in various capacities like 1 ton, 1.5 ton, 2 ton, etc.
Window AC: Generally these air conditioners are for small size rooms in residential homes and apartments.
Split AC: Similarly split air conditioners are for big size rooms and for commercial offices
Window AC: As you get only one unit, so the installation is very easy for window air conditioners. The technician will take only a few hours to install these ACs.
Split AC: Split air conditioner’s installation is very tricky as you get two units separately and technicians will take more time to install as compared with window AC installation.
Window AC: Window air conditioners require less maintenance as their parts are simple and compactly designed to understand easily.
Split AC: On the other hand split air conditioners require maintenance regular basis and expensive comparatively.
Power consumption mostly depends on the capacity of your air conditioner and the star ratings you have. The more stars will save more money on your electricity bills. Similarly, fewer star ratings AC will save less electricity.
If you are planning to buy an air conditioner for a small room then 1-ton 5-star ratings would be the best choice. Similarly, if you are planning to buy AC for medium size room then 1.5 ton 3-star ratings should be your ideal choice.
Window AC: Window air conditioners are very pocket friendly and come with various tonnages for room sizes. These are less expensive as compared to split air conditioners and come between the ranges of 15000 to 40000 approx.
Split AC: Split air conditioners are more expensive than window air conditioners as they come with 2 units, an indoor unit, and an outdoor unit. Split air conditioners come with the price range of 20000 to 65000 approx. with the same tonnage capacity.
Window AC: In window air conditioners you will get fewer features as compared to split air AC.
All main features you will get in almost all windows air conditioner but there are other smart features like voice command and controllable by application, you will not get in window AC.
Split AC: Split air conditioners comes full of features. You get more and some unique features as well that come only with split air conditioners.
Window AC: If you go with a window air conditioner then there are changes to face little bit of noise as window AC makes more noise as compared to split air conditioners.
Split AC: Split air conditioners come with very little noise and some split AC comes with no noise technology.
Less noise level gives you very comfortable sleep whereas noise makes disturbances while you sleep.
There are lots of advantages to having window ACs. Some of them are given below.
- Window air conditioners are very pocket-friendly as they are less expensive than split air conditioners with the same tonnage.
- Window ACs come with only a single unit so they are easy to transferable from one place to another.
- These window air conditioners require less maintenance as compared to split air conditioners.
- Window air conditioners are best for small size rooms.
- Window ACs can be fit in your room’s window. Hence, you no need for any extra space in your room.
- These are very energy efficient and able to save a lot of money and power. Mostly these window air conditioners come with star ratings. More stars will save more energy and vice versa.
- Split air conditioners deliver the best cooling performance as compared to window air conditioners.
- If comes to the durability part, window air conditioners are less durable than split air conditioners.
- Split ACs make very little noise and are very comfortable while sleeping as they come with quiet operation technology.
- Generally split air conditioners come with very useful and unique features. Those features make your life easier and comfortable while operating a split AC
- The looks and design of split air conditioners are very attractive. Some of the air conditioners come in various colors so that you can make a choice as per your wall color.
There are some disadvantages as well. Some of them are given below.
- The most and major difference between split AC and window AC is window air conditioners make little bit of noise in their operations as compared to split air conditioners.
- Window air conditioner covers the big part of the room’s window. As in result, you can’t get the proper daylight and fresh air as long as the window AC will be there.
- It’s important to have a big size of a window in your room as every room’s window can’t be suitable for window air conditioners.
- There is always a security risk if you install a window air conditioner, as someone can enter the room by removing it from the outside.
- These split ACs are very expensive than window air conditioners.
- Installation charges of split air conditioners are high as it requires a skillful split AC mechanic.
- Maintenance of split air conditioners are expensive and split AC needs maintenance infrequently.
- The operation of the indoor unit is a very quiet but the outdoor unit of the split air conditioner makes a lot of noise.
These are the difference between split AC and window AC. These points will help you a lot while making a decision whether you should buy a split AC or window AC.
We reviewed consumer’s feedback as well as personal experience while creating these points.
If you have any questions, please comment below and do let us know. We will revert you as soon as possible.