Things to do before going further
- Create backup of your existing ROM. Incase, you need it, it will be easy to recover.
- Check your phone’s battery status. It must be more than 75%
Files You Will Need
- Click Here to download Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos USB Drivers ( or here)
- Download Android 4.1.2 I9082XXAMC8 for Galaxy Grand Duos
- Download ODIN v1.85 which is required later in this guide.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos To Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Turn off your phone
- Press Volume down button along with the home button and while holding the pressed buttons, press the Power button to start the device.
- Once again press the power button to enter into the download mode
- Install Galaxy Grand Duos USB Drivers into your PC
- Open ODIN on PC and connect your phone to PC via USB cable
- Now, locate the files of Android 4.1.2 which you downloaded earlier
- Click on PDA and select file with CODE in name
- Click on PHONE and select file with MODEM in its name. If such name is not there, ignore this step.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in name. Ignore this step if nothing with such name is present.
- Click on PIT and select the file with such name. Again, if nothing such is there, then ignore this step.
- Check for auto reboot and F. Reset in ODIN.
- After all of the above mentioned steps are completed, click on the START button in ODIN.
- Your phone will restart and the installation process will start. After completion of the installation process, the phone will start. You can remove the USB after that.
That’s it. Now, you have finished to update your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system.